Cat, candle caused south OKC apartment fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Data pix.

OKLAHOMA CITY - Fire officials have confirmed a candle and a cat are to blame for a south Oklahoma City Apartment fire Monday afternoon. 

The second-floor apartment owner said her cat began running around the apartment which may have led to the candle falling, setting her apartment on fire. 

Authorities said her apartment is destroyed and two other units had smoke and water damage.

The damage to her apartment is estimated around $40,000. 

No injuries were been reported. 

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC Bureau

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Don't Miss

Latest News

More News


KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter