ALLEN, Texas (AP) — A Dallas-area man has been arrested while awaiting an airline flight out of state and charged with killing his mother and sister, police said.
Police found the bodies of 51-year-old Isil Borat and her 17-year-old daughter Burcu Hezar in their Allen, Texas, home on Saturday while answering a report of a “disturbance with weapons.”
Allen police Sgt. Jon Felty says the pair apparently had been knifed fatally, and Borat’s husband had identified 20-year-old stepson Barak Hezar as the suspect. Police were able to trace and arrest Hezar at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, where he awaited a flight to San Francisco.
- California man with kitchen knives chases estranged wife onto field during child’s sporting event
- Guests at Las Vegas Strip sound off on new mask policies in resorts: ‘Not taking those chances’
- New government program offers $50 off monthly internet bill for eligible households: Here’s how to apply
- Anticipated inclement weather impacts OU’s Sunday graduation ceremonies
- Michigan child, 4, dies after being shot with pellet gun