OKLAHOMA CITY – Start cleaning out your garage and your closets!
Oklahoma City residents can get rid of big junk at no cost and without waiting for Bulk Waste Day.
That’s because Free Landfill Day is from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 13 at the following participating landfills:
- East Oak Landfill – 3201 Mosley Rd. (N.E. 36 east of Sooner Road, south side of street)
- Oklahoma City Landfill – 7001 S. Bryant
- Oklahoma Landfill – 7600 SW 15
- Northeast Landfill – 2601 N Midwest Boulevard, Spencer, Okla. (construction and demolition materials only)
Here’s what you need to know:
- Each residential household may drop off one load using a passenger vehicle or truck up to a 1-ton and one trailer up to 16-feet long.
- Commercial waste haulers are not allowed.
- All you need is a current original Oklahoma City utility bill (no photocopies accepted) or a printout of an e-bill is required as proof of residency.
- Bulk waste rules and regulations also apply to Free Landfill Day.
- Simply put, that means no appliances containing Freon or other refrigerants, household hazardous waste, tires, oils, car batteries, propane tanks, pool chemicals or electronic waste.
For more information about Free Landfill Day, call Utility Customer Services at 297-2833.