E-cigarette blamed for sparking house fire

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY – Firefighters say an early morning house fire may have been started by an unattended e-cigarette.

Just before 2 a.m. Thursday fire crews put out the thick smoke and flames coming from a house on Hefner.

According to investigators, the unattended e-cigarette somehow burst into flames catching a couch on fire that then spread to a bedroom.

Two people were at home at the time of the fire.

Firefighters say a woman burned her hand while she tried to put the fire out herself.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ
graphic of the Red Cross

Latest News

More News

Popular

KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter