EDMOND, Okla. (KFOR) – Students and staff members at a local high school were forced to evacuate the building following reports of smoke.
Shortly before 9 a.m. on Wednesday, emergency crews were called to Edmond Memorial High School to investigate reports of smoke inside an office.
When firefighters arrived on the scene, they realized the smoke was from an HVAC unit on the roof.
Fortunately, no injuries were reported and students were able to head back to class.
Officials with the Edmond Public School District say the situation is under control and district staff are working to repair the HVAC unit.