OKLAHOMA CITY – Emergency crews are responding to a gas leak in the northwest side.
The leak was reported around 3:45 p.m. Monday near NW 192nd Street and May Avenue.
According to officials, a 4-inch natural gas line was hit by a contractor with a backhoe.
Ten residents were evacuated before being let back into their homes due to the heat, and children at a nearby daycare were sheltered in place.
TAC I | HazMat – NW 192nd St. / N. May Ave | Firefighters and HazMat Crews are on scene of a gas leak. Some homes evacuated. No injuries reported. Representatives from ONG and the private contractor are on scene. DM 3:58 p.m. pic.twitter.com/dHCbF2Vz17
— Oklahoma City Fire (@OKCFD) August 5, 2019
Officials said there was no strong odor of gas in the area.
Traffic was being diverted.