OKLAHOMA CITY – A building in Oklahoma City was evacuated after some sort of chemical smell was making employees feel sick.
Hazmat crews were called to a shopping center, located near N.W. 122nd St. and May Ave. shortly before 3 p.m. on Tuesday.
Initial reports some sort of chemical fumes were making employees sick.
Fire crews were seen going into a dry cleaning facility, but officials with the Oklahoma City Fire Department say they are still searching for the source of the odor.
Fire officials say the shopping center features a dentist’s office, a dry-cleaning business and a sweet shop. The employees and customers from the dentist’s office and the dry-cleaning business were evacuated and moved to the sweet shop.
Experts say they believe a cleaning agent from the dry-cleaning business has leaked.
Authorities say EMSA was called to the scene to check on employees who were not feeling well due to the smell.