FEMA’s Oklahoma Disaster Recovery Center now open

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

OKLAHOMA CITY – If you were affected by recent severe storms including tornadoes, straight-line winds or flooding you can visit a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) in Oklahoma City. The DRC officially opened at 7 a.m. Saturday.

You are not required to go to this DRC in order to apply for assistance but it is a one-stop shop where survivors can go for one-on-one information about state, federal or other disaster assistance that may be available.

The center will be here:

Plaza Mayor at the Crossroads (Formerly Crossroads Mall)

7000 Crossroads Blvd., Northwest Entrance (Accessible from Southwest 66th Street), Suite 2042

Oklahoma City, OK 73149

Hours: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. until further notice

Specialists from the Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management (OEM), the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Customer Service Representatives from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) will be on hand to answer questions. Visitors can:

  • Discuss their individual disaster-related needs.
  • Submit any additional documentation needed, such as phone bills or letters from insurance companies.
  • Find out the status of an application.
  • Obtain information about different types of state and federal assistance.
  • Get help from SBA specialists in completing low-interest disaster loan applications for businesses of all sizes, private non-profit organizations, homeowners and renters.
  • Receive referrals to the American Red Cross and other voluntary organizations to help with immediate unmet needs.
  • Learn cost-effective measures to reduce the impact of future disaster losses.
  • Consult with available mitigation experts.

Disaster assistance may include grants to help pay for temporary housing, home repairs or replacement costs, money for necessary expenses and serious needs caused by the disaster or low-interest SBA loans for losses not covered by insurance or other sources. FEMA does not distribute cash, checks, debit cards or vouchers at centers.

Disaster Recovery Centers will open next week in Cleveland and Grady counties. However, residents in those counties may visit the center in Oklahoma City until that time.

Survivors can also apply for state and federal assistance online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov or via smartphone or tablet by using the FEMA app or going to m.fema.gov. People may also call 800-621-3362 or (TTY) 800-462-7585 from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Those who use 711-Relay or Video Relay Services can call 800-621-3362.

Registering with FEMA is required to be considered for federal aid, even if the person has registered with another disaster-relief organization such as the American Red Cross, or local community or church organization.

FEMA registrants must use the name that appears on their Social Security card. Applicants will be asked to provide:

  • Social Security Number
  • Address of the damaged home or apartment
  • Description of the damage
  • Information about insurance coverage
  • A current contact telephone number
  • An address where they can get mail
  • Bank account and routing numbers if they want direct deposit of any financial assistance.

Here is more information on Oklahoma disaster recovery,  or visit OEM

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ
graphic of the Red Cross

Latest News

More News


KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter