OKLAHOMA CITY – Crews were on the scene of a large apartment fire in northwest Oklahoma City on Monday afternoon.
The residents at Arbor Glen Apartments, located on N.W. 19 and Minnie Lane near 23rd and Meridian, were evacuated.
Crews even went inside the apartments to make sure everyone was out.
Officials said the smoke was thick, but the fire has been put completely out.
All the hot spots have also been contained.
Officials said three units sustained damage.
“The cause of the blaze was a person who improperly discarded a cigarette onto a second-story balcony. The fire burned through the flooring of that balcony, as it simultaneously spread into the upper-level apartment. The apartment below and one adjacent unit were also affected.”
No injuries were reported.
It’s a high fire danger day in Oklahoma.