Woman injured, home destroyed in SW OKC explosion

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Data pix.

OKLAHOMA CITY - One woman has minor injuries after her home exploded in southwest Oklahoma City Thursday afternoon.

Currently, authorities tell us a gas leak may be the cause for the home explosion.

Fire crews have controlled the fire that destroyed her house on the 2400 block of S.W. 92nd St. 

Fire crews said the woman was in the kitchen baking cookies when the explosion happened.

An Oklahoma Natural Gas employee somehow managed to rescue her from the home.

Data pix.
Data pix.

At least three other homes on the street were significantly damaged.

Residents said there was a heavy smell of gas in the air and ONG was called out. 

Sometime after that the home exploded. 

Data pix.

Officials were evacuating residents in the area because of the gas leak.

We are told the leak has since been controlled.

In Your Corner

More In Your Corner

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC Bureau

Don't Miss

Latest News

More News

Popular

KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter