Fire destroys Oklahoma man’s home Christmas night

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.


[protected-iframe id=”26e4b92648fb61294cbfd24ea33dee7c-29519643-62065474″ info=”;;playerWidth=630;playerHeight=355;isShowIcon=true;clipId=10981777;flvUri=;partnerclipid=;adTag=News;advertisingZone=;enableAds=true;landingPage=;islandingPageoverride=false;playerType=STANDARD_EMBEDDEDscript;controlsType=overlay” ]

CACHE, Okla. – It was a sad Christmas night for one Oklahoma man after his home went up in flames.

According to KSWO, the call came in around 9:15 Thursday night after the homeowner heard a popping and crackling noise before finding his chimney on fire.

The homeowner used a garden hose to try to stop the fire from spreading until firefighters arrived.

Unfortunately, the fire crews were not able to save the home.

KSWO says the home used to be a church and the owner had been working to convert it into his home for 14 years.

Officials estimate there may be a half-million dollars worth of property loss.


See a typo? Report it here.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC Bureau

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Don't Miss

Latest News

More News


KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter