Firefighters extinguish garage fire in N.W. Oklahoma City

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY – Firefighters were able to extinguish a blaze at a garage fire in northwest Oklahoma City Tuesday morning.

Officials say the fire started around 7 a.m. inside a detached garage at a home near N.W. 34th and Barnes.

garage fire in NW OKCThe second floor of the garage was destroyed in the fire.

Investigators believe someone was living in the garage on the second floor.

Firefighters believe whoever was living in the garage may have been bootlegging some natural gas from a nearby gas meter.

Fortunately, no one was injured in the fire.

So far, officials have not been able to locate the homeowner.

The fire caused an estimated $40,000 in damage.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC Bureau

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Don't Miss

Latest News

More News


KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter