OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Students at a metro elementary school were evacuated on Monday afternoon after a reported fire.
Around 1:45 p.m. on Monday, Oklahoma City firefighters were called to Spring Creek Elementary School, near N.W. 150th and Rockwell, on reports of a generator on fire.
When fire crews arrived at the scene, they realized that the generator started a one-acre grass fire behind the school.
Officials said students were evacuated as a precaution.
Fire officials say one person was evaluated for possible smoke inhalation.