This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY – A federal jury says a former nursing home owner needs to pay up.

It’s the latest legal battle surrounding a disturbing video showing two nurse’s aides abusing a 96-year-old woman.

Two families had to go back to court after the former owner of the Quail Creek Nursing and Rehabilitation Center refused to pay them after the first round of lawsuits.

Attorneys for the families say the center’s owner, Ron Lusk, sold the nursing home while the lawsuits were pending, and spent millions on a home and a yacht.

Now, he’s on the hook for nearly $1.6 million.

The video is still hard to watch for the Mayberry daughters, which shows their 96-year-old mother, Eryetha Mayberry, being abused by nurse’s aides.

One aide is seen stuffing a latex glove into Mayberry’s mouth, and the other aide thumps her on the head.

“We thought nothing but very highly of these young ladies who were taking care of mother,” Sandra Cisper said.

That’s why they were shocked when they saw what a hidden camera had recorded.

Eryetha died just a few months later.

The family sued the nursing home owner, Ron Lusk, and a jury recommended he pay the family more than $1 million in damages.

But that didn’t happen.

A similar tragedy happened to another Oklahoma family at Lusk’s nursing home.

Tim Kingsbury’s mother, who was on a special diet, choked to death eating sausages while in the nursing home’s care.

“Several pieces were pulled out of her throat,  and there’s no way someone would not know that was happening. Somebody was mad at my mother, and they were just killing her,” Kingsbury said.

A jury awarded Tim Kingsbury’s family nearly $350,000.

He’s never seen a dime, just like the Mayberrys.

Lusk sold the Quail Creek nursing home after the lawsuits were filed.

“He took the money, almost $4 million, out of Oklahoma back to Texas, spent it on his mansion, spent it on his yacht, spent it frivolously in all kinds of ways and said he was not personally responsible,” Wes Bledsoe, with A Perfect Cause, said.

The two families didn’t give up.

They filed a fraudulent transfer action, claiming some of that money should have gone to them.

A federal jury just decided in their favor again.

“We were thankful for the verdict, we weren’t there for the money. We just wanted him and the nursing home to pay their dues,” Doris Racher said.

Attorneys Kevin Coffey and Paul Harris are now hiring attorneys in Texas to track down Lusk to try to get the money.