MCALESTER, Okla. (KFOR) – A giant blaze destroyed a building in downtown McAlester.
Flames jutted into the air and black smoke filled the sky as a building that housed top-floor apartments and a bottom-floor store was consumed by fire.
The massive fire erupted in the 400 block of South Main Street on Thursday.
Tenants jumped out of second-story windows as smoke filled their homes.
McAlester firefighters battled the blaze, using a ladder truck to rise above the fire and direct high-pressure blasts of water at the flames.
No fatalities have been reported.
Red Cross of America traveled to a nearby restaurant to assist victims.
Medical personnel treated people at the scene.
No fatalities have been reported so far.
Paula's Baby Shop was located on the first floor.
Information and photos courtesy of McAlester News-Capital. Click here for their full story.