OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – If you are looking for a job, Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma says it is hosting a career fair to help Oklahomans who are unemployed.
Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma is hosting a career fair on Thursday, April 8 from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. at the Goodwill Job Connection Center in downtown Oklahoma City.
“Goodwill works daily to help vulnerable populations overcome challenges to employment and with the recent recession, those populations have grown exponentially, which is why events such as this career fair are more crucial than ever,” Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma CEO Jim Priest said.
The following companies will be in attendance:
- Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma: Hiring janitorial and retail services
- Omni Hotels: Hiring housekeeping and food services
- Sodexo: Hiring nutritional and custodial services
- Timber Oklahoma: Hiring landscaping labor services
- Empire Workforce: Hiring warehouse services and delivery drivers
- Dale Rogers Training Center: Hiring food, landscaping, janitorial and driver services
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Hiring for manager, host/hostess, server, bartender, and cook positions
- Allied Security: Hiring for security services
- Volunteers of America: Providing information on veteran employment services.
Organizers say there is a possibility of on-the-spot interviews, so job seekers should come in business -professional attire.
Social distancing measures will be in place, and masks are required for everyone attending the career fair.