Stop what you’re doing right now and head over to Google Maps.
In honor of April Fool’s Day, Google is having some fun.
Earlier today Google sent out a mysterious tweet.
• • • 🍒 • • • 👻
— #GoogleMaps15 🎈 (@googlemaps) March 31, 2015
Fans immediately headed over to Google Maps to see that they could now play Pac-Man!
To play on a desktop computer, head over to Google Maps and click on the Pac-Man icon on the bottom-left of the screen.
Not only do you get to play Pac-Man, but you get to pick where you want to play it.
The options are limitless. You can play anywhere in the world.
“Google will analyze your map and use the roads to render a level. If the location isn’t suitable for gameplay, Google will let you select a new area, or you can just click “I’m feeling lucky” to be transported to a preselected area,” The Next Web says.
Things get a little more complicated using your smart phone.
Pac-Man seems to be hiding in the Google Maps app. He can only be found in specific locations.
You can find him my solving one of the many riddles from a Google support page.
(Hint: We found him just by searching ‘Times Square.’ You’re on your own for the rest.)
Here are the hints for where you can find Pac-Man in your mobile app, according to the Google support page:
- Don’t drop the ball on the eve of your victory!
- Triumph is délicieux.
- Does a Galaxian bonus await at the top of those 272 steps?
- Chomp your way to independence down seven lanes of July.
- PAC-MAN and Ms. PAC-MAN can’t agree on which side is prettier: the American or the Canadian. Which side do you fall on, eh?
- After a chat with the Sphinx, PAC-MAN sounds more like “Dokki Dokki”.
- Pause game play to admire Chagall’s stained glass windows and have a bit of chocolate.
- Can you score 10^(10^100) points?
- Whether they’re flashing blue or sporting their natural colors, Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde are always kakkoii. Even Vogue agrees they’re living in the trendiest of neighborhoods.
- Previous PAC-MAN lives don’t get to rest in a white marble mausoleum.
- Head to the valley of the sun and earn your grade in the art of the game.
- How well can you navigate the radiating streets of the distrito federal?
- Victory is like gothic glockenspiel musik to our ears.
- Pay special attention to Blinky – he might blend in with the dreaming red kangaroos!
- You’ll find the Beach PAC-MAN World Cup here before long.
The page says more clues may come later.
We know what you’ll be doing for the rest of the day.
— TNW (@thenextweb) March 31, 2015