This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

[protected-iframe id=”004abc8b20b0b96ebe494f1e4a39a63c-29519643-62065474″ info=”″ ]

HALTOM CITY, Texas – Police say a Texas grandmother is in custody after her grandson died of severe burns from scalding hot water.

On March 30th, police officers were called to the Haltom City home where they found 2-year-old Lyfe “Gabe” Flores with significant burns to his body, KXAS reports.

Police say the toddler was in the care of his grandmother, 43-year-old Patricia Flores, when the injuries occurred.

According to KXAS, the woman told officers that her grandson was injured when he was left alone in the bathroom with water running in the bathtub.

Six days after the bathroom incident, the woman sought medical treatment for the child when he became unresponsive.

[protected-iframe id=”dc3916c097266918aa387406444a18ad-29519643-62065474″ info=”″ width=”100%” height=”166″ scrolling=”no”]

“That’s probably what angers me and just breaks my heart the most,” maternal grandfather Mike Hamilton said. “Bad enough it had to happen but to go through the pain for six days before you call medical treatment? There’s no excuse for that.”

The boy was transported to a local hospital where he died five days later due to the severity of his burns.

Flores was arrested for injury to a child.

She was booked into jail on a $75,000 bond.