This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (KTVI) – As the violent protests in Ferguson have come to an end, a lot of people are looking into what the case against a Missouri police officer may hold.

According to KTVI, a look into one of the key witness’ past is making some question his story about what happened to Michael Brown the day he died.

In 2011, Dorian Johnson pleaded guilty to lying to police in a theft case.

He still has a warrant out for his arrest.

In 2011, Kelly Lewis, a maintenance man, says he spotted Dorian Johnson carrying a FedEx box from a nearby apartment complex.

“He picked the package up off D section, which I knew the lady that lived there, so I knew it wasn’t his package,” said Lewis.

Lewis says he followed Johnson and called police.

Police records indicate 19-year-old Johnson said his “name was Derrick” and claimed he was 16-years-old.

Officers say he then gave them a date of birth that “would mean he was 17” and told police he didn’t have any identification.

“I looked down at his sock. I remember that’s where people carry IDs,” Lewis said. “I told the police officer that. I said, ‘I think his ID is in his sock.’ So the police officer checked it. He got out his ID and found out who he was.”

Even after finding his ID, the police report says Johnson told officers that he was holding the ID for someone else.

“He never told the truth,” Lewis said.

“To me it was just a petty little thing that if he would’ve just stood up and told the truth, it would’ve been over,” he added.

Even at the jail, the police report claims Johnson signed a court summons with the name “Derrick.”

However, an officer who had previous run-ins with Johnson knew exactly who he was.

Johnson eventually pleaded guilty to making false statements.

Johnson’s attorney, Freeman Bosley Jr.,  wrote that his client’s reported deception has “nothing to do with a police officer shooting an unarmed man six times, two times in the head. This is called using excessive force.”

It is unclear whether Johnson’s past will affect the Michael Brown shooting investigation.

Johnson, along with a few other witnesses, says Brown was putting his hands up before being shot by a Ferguson police officer.

However, another witness described Brown coming toward the officer when he was shot.

Since it appears that nothing was captured on camera, jurors will be forced to rely on who they believe, along with the physical evidence.