When it comes to getting older, all of us want to age gracefully.
However, what you eat could play a big role in your appearance.
According to Health, there are 14 foods that can have a negative impact on your skin as you get older.
- Sugar - Experts say if you eat too much sugar, it affects your body's collagen and can dull your smile.
- Alcohol - Alcohol can negatively affect your appearance in several ways. A healthy liver helps get rid of toxins that could appear on your skin. Alcohol also dehydrates you and can have an impact on your sleeping habits.
- White wine - The acid in white wine damages your enamel and makes your teeth more prone to stains.
- Charred meat -The black char on meat can contain pro-inflammatory hydrocarbons, which can break down collagen.
- Salty foods -Salt can make you retain water and give you a puffy look.
- Processed meats - Processed meat has sulfites, which can trigger inflammation. They also contain salt, making you retain water.
- Spicy food - Spicy foods can take a toll on your look, especially during menopause. The spice could cause spider veins, puffiness and redness.
- Red meat -Red meat can also damage your body's ability to produce collagen.
- Energy drinks - Teeth exposed to energy drinks had less enamel than those exposed to sports drinks.
- Lemonade - Lemon juice creates a lot of dental damage, promoting stains and building up plaque.
- Caffeine - Caffeinated drinks can dehydrate you and damage your skin.
- Trans fats - Trans fats promote inflammation and make your skin more susceptible to UV damage.
- Coffee - The caffeine is bad for your skin and the acid can eat away at your teeth's enamel over time.
- Black tea - Tea has a high tannin content, exposing your teeth to stains.