Homeless family loses car to fire at gas station

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY – A string of bad luck ended with a man and his daughter without a place to live.

Officials say it all started when the man ran out of gas and went to fill up his gas can near S.W. 104th and I-44.

When he went to fill up the truck, officials say his daughter got out of the car and knocked the gas can over. The gas spilled inside the truck, came in contact with a lit cigarette and a fire sparked.

Thankfully, no one was injured.

However, the family is homeless and were living inside that truck.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ
graphic of the Red Cross

Latest News

More News


KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter