House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY – A family narrowly escaped an early morning house fire on Friday.

The blaze sparked around 2:30 a.m. near S.E. 59th St. and Sunnylane Rd.

When they arrived, fire crews reported that flames were shooting from the front of the home.

Fire officials say two people were inside when the blaze started.

Fortunately, they both made it out safely.

We’re told the house did not have power and the homeowners were using a generator to power the house.

The fire caused an estimated $30,000 in damage.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC Bureau

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Don't Miss

Latest News

More News


KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter