Hoverboard blamed for sparking house fire in Oklahoma City

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

OKLAHOMA CITY – Firefighters say a hoverboard may be to blame for a fire that sparked inside an Oklahoma City home.

On Thursday morning, authorities were called to the 1100 block of Carter Dr. on a possible house fire.

When fire crews made their way inside the home, they found that the fire had already been extinguished.

Investigators saw heavy char on one interior wall and a badly damaged hoverboard.

A witness inside the home said he heard what sounded like fireworks and saw “pieces of fire shooting across the room.”

Firefighters say a battery from the hoverboard was found in another room on a mattress, where it had burned a hole in the foam.

Oklahoma City firefighters say this is the first time they have responded to a fire involving a hoverboard.

At the time of the fire, crews say the hoverboard was charging.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

More News

National News

More U.S. & World

Washington D.C.

More Washington

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Daily Oklahoma Coronavirus Data

Trending

Contact In Your Corner Team

Latest News

More News

KFOR Digital Originals

More Digital Original

Follow @KFOR on Twitter