‘I didn’t want him anymore,’ says mother charged in baby boy’s death

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

[protected-iframe id=”baa8e452a10f6bd4af21d876f9acf9b0-29519643-62065474″ info=”http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=ZyeTZybjoCIbMd0ff2YDmnh-S9mb8ems&pbid=71fea79861d14fce867bc2d59a66edd8″ width=”770px” height=”433px”]

ELMHURST, Queens – Detectives say a woman in Queens told authorities she killed her own baby boy because she had “reached her breaking point.”

According to PIX11, Nicole Kelly has been charged with second degree murder of her 11-month-old son.

The child, Kiam Felix, Jr., was pronounced dead Sunday afternoon after Kelly, 22, brought him into the emergency room with the boy’s father, who does not live with them.

Kelly’s roommate described Kiam as a happy baby.

Photos of Kiam on Facebook show him looking sweet and happy.  Some of the photos are particularly disturbing based on information conveyed by Kelly’s roommate.

The roommate said she had seen Kelly on Sunday afternoon with the body of her lifeless baby, just before he was taken to the hospital.

Kiam was dressed in a completely white outfit – vest, collared shirt, necktie, pants and socks, identical to the wallpaper photos on Kelly’s Facebook page.

Below that photo banner, Kelly had posted, in part, after her son’s death, “Missing my baby boy so much wish there was some way I could bring him back to life I feel horrible knowing he passed away. Am [sic] his Mother. I was supposed to protect him.”

Police arrested Kelly after questioning her.

They reported to the district attorney’s office investigators that Kelly wrapped her baby so tightly in a bed sheet that he could not breathe or move.

She allegedly left Kiam on the bed for half an hour, while she showered.

After he turned blue, Kelly called the boy’s father.

According to the Queens District Attorney’s Office, Kelly told investigators, “I reached my breaking point, I didn’t want him anymore.”

She is currently expected to make her first appearance before a judge on the murder charge on Wednesday.

If she is found guilty, she faces 25 years to life in prison.

Read more on the story on WPIX.


Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ
graphic of the Red Cross

Latest News

More News


KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter