In Your Corner: The hunt for the tricked-out lawn mower

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

Update: More customers contacted the In Your Corner team wondering what happened to their equipment.

You’ll remember, Jimmy Nye was after his tricked out lawn mower.

Customers say they couldn’t get a hold of owner, Mike London, until we came along.

We helped Jimmy get his lawn mower repaired.

At the time London told us he was opening up in two weeks, but we know the shop owner never

re-opened his shop.

At least three customers tell the In Your Corner team he never got hold of them, like he promised us he would.

We returned to Capitol Hill Lawn Mower to find out why.

The owner was inside, but wouldn't open up.

He told use did call customers, but wasn’t able to get a hold of everyone.

We know London is getting ready to liquidate his business, but assures us none of his customer’s equipment will get sold off.

OKLA. CITY - Jimmy Nye contacted the In Your Corner team about his souped-up riding lawn mower.

“[It has a] radio, exhaust pipes,” he said. “It's got twin pipes.”

The fancy mower was in need of a few repairs.

Capitol Hill Lawn Mower was supposed to fix it, but Jimmy says the place has been locked up tight for months.

We eventually got a hold of the shop’s owner, Mike London.

He met us and Jimmy at his shop and got right to work on the mower.

The repairs were completed in a matter of hours. 

“I'm thrilled to death,” Jimmy said. “I'm just glad to get it back running.”

London says he was forced to temporarily shut his doors due to personal matters, including the loss of his father and major back surgery.

He says in hindsight he should have notified customers.

“It slipped my mind to be honest,” London said. “24 years, I've never been closed.”

We wanted to know about the other mowers still inside his shop.

“Most of them are mine,” he said. “There are some that are customers, yes, which I'll be here throughout the next two weeks. I just won't have a full crew for the next two weeks.”

Jimmy’s tank is full of gratitude.

“I appreciate your help,” he said. “I didn't know what to do.”

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC Bureau

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Contact In Your Corner Team

Don't Miss

Latest News

More News


KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter