This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A fugitive on the run was put under arrest by a brave citizen.

Police said they had been searching for the suspect for nearly a month, after he allegedly stole a car.

Now, 35-year-old Brian Ryan is behind bars, accused of theft and breaking into a house.

Police said they spotted Ryan in the stolen vehicle at Circle K.

When police tried to approach him, they said he sped away.

He then ditched the car in a neighborhood and apparently did not pick the right home to hide out in.

“It was definitely wild,” Steven Dildine said.

Dildine’s wild night began when his dogs started barking.

“I got up to see what they were barking at,” Dildine said. “As I passed the big window here, I seen the flashing lights.”

Police were searching for Ryan.

Officers combed Dildine’s property with no luck, so he stood on guard with his gun by his side.

“I was in this room with the light off and, you know, just sitting here watching to see if he was going to come back,” Dildine said.

Little did he know the suspect slipped through the window in the next room.

He dropped a knife, keys and cell phone along the way.

That is when the watch dogs sprang into action.

“When they ran by, I was kinda like, ‘What was this all about?’ And, I turned, and I walked,” Dildine said. “I got right here. Right here’s where I seen him. He was right there at that bed post.”

A startling moment for homeowner and intruder.

“He come out, and he had his hands up, and he’s like, ‘I’m just high,'” Dildine said. “I didn’t have my weapon at that time, and he goes ‘I’m just high, man, I just need a place to hide.'”

He said, as Ryan came closer, he started backing up toward his gun.

“Like this, talking to him and telling him, ‘You need to go ahead and give it up.’ And, I grabbed my gun up,” Dildine said. “I guess, he thought I was going to shoot, because he screamed.”

Dildine then told him to get outside.

“I said, ‘There’s no way this is going to end good for you. You know, you’re going to get shot. You’re going to get tackled. You’re going to get bit by the dogs. Something’s going to happen,’” Dildine said.

Held at gunpoint, he led Ryan to police.

A brave act that he is now being thanked for.

“I had no choice but to do what I did, and I’m glad I did because, you know, it took this guy off the streets,” Dildine said.

Police said Ryan ran from them again after Dildine handed him over.

He was caught a short time later.

He is now in the Oklahoma County Jail.