Judge: Man burned by fajitas while praying in Applebee’s cannot sue restaurant

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WESTAMPTON, N.J. – It seems there has been a lawsuit for everything these days.

On Wednesday, an appellate court ruled that a man who was burned at an Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill and Bar could not sue the franchise.

According to the Courier-Post, Hiram Jimenez was suing the restaurant after he said he was burned while praying over a plate of sizzling fajitas.

Jimenez said he ordered the fajitas in a sizzling skillet.

According to the ruling, Jimenez said he bowed his head “close to the table” before feeling a burning near his left eye and on his face.

Jimenez filed the lawsuit, saying the waitress never warned him that the dish was hot.

Initially, a judge dismissed the suit, saying the danger was “open and obvious” because of the sizzling fajitas.

On Wednesday, the appellate court agreed.

See a mistake? Report a typo here.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington DC

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ
graphic of the Red Cross

Latest News

More News

Popular

KFOR Podcasts

More Podcasts

Follow @KFOR on Twitter