MCCURTAIN COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – Officials say an 18-year-old has died following a kayaking accident.
Around 7:30 p.m. on Aug. 24, emergency crews were called to a possible drowning along the Mt. Fork River in the Presbyterian Falls area.
According to a report by the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety, 18-year-old Landen Drake and a 13-year-old boy were in two separate kayaks along the river when they overturned.
The 13-year-old was able to swim to shore, but Drake did not resurface.
Investigators say Drake’s body was found around 10:15 a.m. on Aug. 25.
- Task force briefs lawmakers on Capitol security 2 months after riot
- Plants, trees struggle to survive through winter storms
- Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board approves commutation hearing to Julius Jones
- Oklahoma bill wants to keep high school sports video streaming open to visiting teams
- Endangered tiger dies during artificial insemination procedure at Colorado zoo