EUFAULA, Okla. (KFOR) – A 21-year-old Oklahoma man’s body was found after he drowned in a popular lake.
Around 7:30 p.m. on Aug. 3, emergency crews were called to a possible drowning at Lake Eufaula.
Investigators say 21-year-old Zachary Horton was swimming approximately 150 yards from the shore when he began to struggle and went under the water.
Sadly, he never resurfaced.
Officials say they were able to find Horton’s body in about nine feet of water using side scan sonar equipment.
- Oklahoma City police investigating whether chase suspects are culprits of brutal Norman home invasion
- Americans load up on Halloween candy while waiting to see if trick or treating will happen
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives
- Watch Live: 2 officers shot in Louisville during protests
- Closed, river-worn section of Triple X Road earns federal grant for repair