CARTER COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – An Edmond man drowned in Lake Murray on Sunday.
Officials with the Oklahoma Highway Patrol identified the man as 70-year-old Allan G. Travis.
Travis was swimming in the lake and attempted to swim back to his vessel, but high winds kept causing the vessel to drift further and further away. Travis went underwater at approximately 4:50 p.m. and did not resurface, according to a Highway Patrol news release.
Marine Enforcement and the Highway Patrol Dive Team recovered Travis’ body.
Travis was not using a flotation device, the news release states.
- ‘Chucky doll in a dog’s body’: Woman’s post about ‘demonic’ foster dog goes viral
- 4 girls, 12 and 14 years old, accused of setting house fire
- Andrew: Philip’s death has left ‘huge void’ in queen’s life
- 17-year-old Florida girl electrocuted after stepping on downed power line while trying to escape burning car
- Woman arrested after refusing to return $1.2 million mistakenly put into her account