CARTER COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – An Edmond man drowned in Lake Murray on Sunday.
Officials with the Oklahoma Highway Patrol identified the man as 70-year-old Allan G. Travis.
Travis was swimming in the lake and attempted to swim back to his vessel, but high winds kept causing the vessel to drift further and further away. Travis went underwater at approximately 4:50 p.m. and did not resurface, according to a Highway Patrol news release.
Marine Enforcement and the Highway Patrol Dive Team recovered Travis’ body.
Travis was not using a flotation device, the news release states.
- IN YOUR CORNER: Metro man fights for grandmother’s tax documents
- Delivery driver harassed and blocked inside gated OKC neighborhood files civil lawsuit
- Court documents reveal man planned to pay 17 year old for sex, gets robbed
- Norman Nascar Star Bell Faces Twists & Turns During Rookie Season
- Trump commutes Roger Stone’s sentence