OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – A 71-year-old man is accused of robbing a Family Dollar store while brandishing a knife.
Leo Williams was arrested on suspicion of robbery with a firearm, robbery with a deadly weapon and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to Oklahoma County Detention Center booking information.
Williams is accused of robbing the Family Dollar near Northwest 23rd and Harvey on Thursday afternoon.
He allegedly walked into the store and took $84-worth of Newport menthol cigarettes. Employees confronted him and he allegedly pulled out a knife.
An officer who was nearby arrested Williams, who allegedly still had the knife in his hand.
His combined bond for the three complaints he was arrested on is set at $225,000.
- ‘Unworkable’: Disney officials frustrated as regulations keep Disneyland closed
- Governor Stitt, state health officials announce new COVID-19 hospital surge plan
- Oklahoma teen hoping to find loving place to call home
- Possible exposure to coronavirus means Oklahoma cross country runner will miss his chance at a state title
- ‘Long time coming,’ Expert says pandemic sheds spotlight on the need for more counselors in Oklahoma schools