MAYES COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – The Oklahoma Highway Patrol is investigating the cause of an ATV crash that claimed the life of one man.
It happened on Sunday, just after 3 a.m., on 437 Road northbound, approximately four miles west of Salina, Oklahoma.
According to a trooper’s report, a 41-year-old woman was driving the ATV on the road with 45-year-old Joel Tibbets as a passenger. The ATV lost control and rolled an unknown amount of times.
Tibbets, of Pryor, was taken to the hospital where he later died. The woman was also taken to the hospital as stable with several injuries.
The report states there was an odor of alcohol on the woman.
An exact cause of the crash is under investigation.
- Delta bans 100 passengers from taking flights and adding them to a “no fly” list for refusing to wear masks
- DC shooting leaves 1 dead, some 20 injured
- 486 new COVID-19 cases in Oklahoma, OSDH reports
- New Zealand has gone 100 days without community transmission of COVID-19
- PHOTOS: Royals fan cutouts feature stormtrooper, ‘Weekend At Bernie’s’