PONCA CITY, Okla. (KFOR) – A popular movie theater in a local community has closed its doors for good.
According to the AMC website, the movie theater in Ponca City is permanently closed.
Six months ago, AMC officials warned that the coronavirus pandemic may cause them to take drastic measures in order to survive.
At this point, it is unclear whether any other Oklahoma movie theaters will close.
AMC operates approximately 1,000 theatres worldwide.
- Who’s the favorite to be named Super Bowl LV MVP?
- PHOTOS: Murals around the country honor late Kobe Bryant, daughter Gianna Bryant
- One year later: Remembering Kobe Bryant and 8 others who died in helicopter crash
- Two $10,000 Mega Millions tickets sold in Oklahoma
- Sen. Lankford to remain member of 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre Centennial Commission