STILLWATER, Okla. (KFOR) – The Oklahoma Highway Patrol is investigating after a bicyclist was hit and killed by a vehicle in Payne County.
It happened Tuesday, around 11:30 p.m., on US 177, just south of 32nd Avenue, approximately one mile south of Stillwater.
According to a trooper’s report, a black Dodge Journey was traveling southbound in the outside lane on the highway when it struck a person pushing a bicycle who was also in the outside lane going southbound.
The bicyclist was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not yet been released pending notification for next of kin. The driver of the Dodge Journey was not injured.
OHP says the cause of the incident is under investigation.
- Nurse pulls 3 newborns out of hospital hit by the Beirut blast
- Biden no longer coming to Milwaukee to accept presidential nomination
- Tracking the Tropics: Experts update hurricane season forecast to ‘extremely active’ with 24 named storms
- Marines react to discovery of sunken tank, remains off California coast
- Cuomo takes over governors group as virus batters states