STILLWATER, Okla. (KFOR) – The Oklahoma Highway Patrol is investigating after a bicyclist was hit and killed by a vehicle in Payne County.
It happened Tuesday, around 11:30 p.m., on US 177, just south of 32nd Avenue, approximately one mile south of Stillwater.
According to a trooper’s report, a black Dodge Journey was traveling southbound in the outside lane on the highway when it struck a person pushing a bicycle who was also in the outside lane going southbound.
The bicyclist was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not yet been released pending notification for next of kin. The driver of the Dodge Journey was not injured.
OHP says the cause of the incident is under investigation.
- OU archaeologists uncover buried building in ancient Mexican city
- Pro-Trump donor suing Houston group over failure to prove voter fraud in 2020 election
- Oklahoma City church giving away stuffed turkey legs to those in need
- Guthrie organization giving food to those in need
- Two nurses honored as ‘Superheroes in Scrubs’