NORMAN, Okla. (KFOR) – Body camera footage is revealing the chaotic moments after a shooting near the University of Oklahoma’s campus last week.
Around 11:30 p.m. on Thursday, officers with the Norman Police Department were called to a reported shooting in the 700 block of Asp Ave.
When officers arrived at the scene, they found one victim, Chad Henry II, suffering from a gunshot wound.
The victim was rushed to an area hospital for treatment.
Investigators say it appears the incident started with a fight on Campus Corner and ended with Henry being shot several times on the sidewalk.
Authorities say they spotted the suspect’s vehicle as it tried to leave the scene, but police were able to pull it over at Apache St. and Santa Fe Ave.
Authorities arrested Charles Cotton on complaints of assault and battery with a deadly weapon.
- Kentucky governor calls for release of Breonna Taylor evidence
- With only one tip, KCPD urging community to speak up about shooting that killed 1-year-old
- 3 arrested after man fatally run over by own van while trying to stop vehicle theft
- Oklahoma City police investigating whether chase suspects are culprits of brutal Norman home invasion
- Americans load up on Halloween candy while waiting to see if trick or treating will happen