MIDWEST CITY (KFOR) – The Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office Bomb Squad safely detonated a pipe bomb that was left in a home by a person who is recently deceased.
A Midwest City woman was going through her deceased husband’s belongings on Saturday morning when she found the pipe bomb.
Midwest City police were called to the home, and the bomb squad was later called in to assist in safely retrieving the bomb.
“The individual who built the illegal device recently passed of natural causes but left a note detailing valuable information about the explosive which was helpful to our deputies,” Sheriff’s Office officials said.
The bomb squad took the pipe bomb to the Sheriff’s Office’s bomb range to detonate the device.
Officials posted a video on the Sheriff’s Office’s official Facebook page of the bomb being detonated.
- Oklahoma mom warns of the dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after her son dies after a day on the lake
- Mickey: Keys to Victory on Sunday
- Tiny Rubik’s Cube goes on sale in Japan to mark 40th anniversary
- Experts explain log lighters after investigators say one caused recent house explosion
- Oklahoma City Firefighters give advice on fire and explosion prevention