BLANCHARD, Okla. (KFOR) – A family has lost their home to fire this holiday season.
Late Sunday evening, firefighters were called to a house fire in Blanchard.
The residents told dispatchers that they smelled smoke and then saw flames coming from the garage of the home.
Fortunately, everyone was able to make it out safely.
As it turns out, multiple fire departments responded to the scene to help put out the blaze and prevent the flames from spreading.
In all, firefighters from Blanchard, Mustang, Newcastle, Tuttle, and Oklahoma City rushed to the home.
Officials say it was a difficult fire to fight because water had be trucked in to the area since there were no nearby fire hydrants.
Despite the help, the home suffered significant damage due to the fire.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- How to score a McDonald’s cheeseburger for 25 cents Thursday
- Three dead after military helicopter crash in upstate NY
- Uniformed man seen kneeling at Beau Biden’s grave during inauguration
- City of Oklahoma City Utilities customers concerned as water shutoffs return
- What’s inside President Biden’s Oval Office?