PONCA CITY, Okla. (KFOR) – Three pools in Ponca City are closed after a lifeguard tested positive for COVID-19, city officials announced.
According to the city, a former employee who was a lifeguard at three pools tested positive for the virus recently. City officials did not say which pools were closed.
City lifeguards rotate to all pools throughout the week, therefore creating “close contact” with other employees, the city says.
Due to the exposure, the city does not have enough staff to safely operate the pools. Out of an abundance of caution, the pools will be closed through July 14th.
Staff are encouraged to contact the county health department if they experience symptoms.
Splash pads and Lake Ponca swim beach will remain open.
- Delta bans 100 passengers from taking flights and adding them to a “no fly” list for refusing to wear masks
- DC shooting leaves 1 dead, some 20 injured
- 486 new COVID-19 cases in Oklahoma, OSDH reports
- New Zealand has gone 100 days without community transmission of COVID-19
- PHOTOS: Royals fan cutouts feature stormtrooper, ‘Weekend At Bernie’s’