YUKON, Okla. (KFOR) – Drivers along I-40 and those who live in Yukon will likely notice some slowdowns this week.
Construction will cause traffic along I-40 to be narrowed to two lanes in each direction beginning near Garth Brooks Blvd. to Cimarron Rd.
Officials say the construction project will likely last until summer of 2021.
Right now, just one lane is closed in each direction.
However, officials with the Oklahoma Department of Transportation say drivers should expect shifts in which lane will be closed, as well as some delays.
- Biden, NBC’s Roker meet along inaugural parade route for the second time
- Now that Biden is president, here’s when you could get that $1,400 stimulus check
- Oklahoma veteran loses home, animals in fire
- Students bouncing from online to in-person school causes inconsistencies leaving parents concerned
- Packers, Chiefs favorites heading into championship games