TISHOMINGO, Okla. (KFOR) – A country music star from Oklahoma is giving back to local foster children.
You may know Blake Shelton for his many chart-topping singles, but he is also an Oklahoma Wildlife Conservation Foundation board director.
Recently, Shelton invited several foster children to fish at one of his ponds.
Officials say he teamed up with volunteers from the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation, Oklahoma Department of Human Services, and the Oklahoma Wildlife Conservation Foundation to teach the children how to fish.
The kids also learned how to fillet their catches, and the event ended with a fish fry.
- Second stimulus checks: No $1,200 payments before Election Day, negotiations to continue
- Two LeFlore County men arrested for numerous charges including desecration of a human member
- Silver Star Interactive: Cowboys stumble against Arizona
- Tracking an early season Arctic Blast heading for Oklahoma!
- Ohio felon accused of using Kool-Aid packet to ring up $994 in charges at Florida Walmart