OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) — EMSA arrived at the scene of a fatal 2-vehicle collision on I-240 westbound and Eastern Avenue late Saturday afternoon.
Nicholas Chamberlain, 26, of Oklahoma City, was pronounced dead on the scene due to head and leg injuries, according to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol. He was transported to the Medical Examiner’s Office in Oklahoma City. Further investigation revealed that his vehicle smelled of alcohol inside.
The other driver, Gabriel Parra, 47, sustained no injuries.
According to OHP’s report, Chamberlain was traveling westbound on I-240 approaching Eastern when he swerved from an inside lane to the outside lane to avoid a sudden traffic slowdown and rear-ended the other vehicle.
The accident temporarily closed part of I-240.
- CBP closes international bridge in response to migrant influx in Del Rio
- Robert Durst found guilty of murdering his best friend, Susan Berman
- Police ready for rally supporting Jan. 6 rioters, prepared to call in National Guard
- The last weekend of Summer will feel like Summer! Here’s the Oklahoma State Fair forecast.
- Friday Night Heroes, Week 3