CUSHING, Okla. (KFOR) – An investigation is underway after a woman was found dead in a pond in Cushing over the weekend, police say.
On Sunday, around 9:14 a.m., Cushing police received a 911 call about a person found in the duck pond at Memorial Park.
When officers arrived, they found Tonya Carter, 44, of Cushing, dead in the water near the shoreline.
The Cushing Police Department requested assistance from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.
A medical examiner will determine the exact cause and manner of Carter’s death.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Police: Chase ends with stolen vehicle crashing into creek
- Oklahoma City police investigating shooting
- Nurse pulls 3 newborns out of hospital hit by the Beirut blast
- Biden no longer coming to Milwaukee to accept presidential nomination
- Tracking the Tropics: Experts update hurricane season forecast to ‘extremely active’ with 24 named storms