CUSHING, Okla. (KFOR) – An investigation is underway after a woman was found dead in a pond in Cushing over the weekend, police say.
On Sunday, around 9:14 a.m., Cushing police received a 911 call about a person found in the duck pond at Memorial Park.
When officers arrived, they found Tonya Carter, 44, of Cushing, dead in the water near the shoreline.
The Cushing Police Department requested assistance from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.
A medical examiner will determine the exact cause and manner of Carter’s death.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Get into the Christmas spirit with ‘Downtown in December’ events
- OU archaeologists uncover buried building in ancient Mexican city
- Pro-Trump donor suing Houston group over failure to prove voter fraud in 2020 election
- Oklahoma City church giving away stuffed turkey legs to those in need
- Guthrie organization giving food to those in need