CARTER COUNTY, Okla. (KFOR) – Authorities are investigating a deadly crash that claimed the life of an 86-year-old Oklahoma man.
Troopers with the Oklahoma Highway Patrol say they responded to a deadly accident around 2 p.m. on Monday along Hwy 76 in Fox, Oklahoma.
Investigators say a 2018 Ford pickup truck was traveling southbound on Hwy 76 when a 2019 Polaris Ranger ATV, driven by 86-year-old Richard Watkins, crashed into it.
According to the accident report, Watkins was heading eastbound out of a private driveway and was attempting to cross Hwy 76.
Officials say the ATV hit the pickup truck.
Authorities say Watkins was pronounced dead at the scene from a head injury.
At this point, the cause of the crash is under investigation.
- Kentucky governor calls for release of Breonna Taylor evidence
- With only one tip, KCPD urging community to speak up about shooting that killed 1-year-old
- 3 arrested after man fatally run over by own van while trying to stop vehicle theft
- Oklahoma City police investigating whether chase suspects are culprits of brutal Norman home invasion
- Americans load up on Halloween candy while waiting to see if trick or treating will happen