LAWTON, Okla. (KFOR) – A man wanted for a suspected homicide in El Paso, Texas, was apprehended in Lawton, Okla.
Ceaser Armendariz was taken into custody in Lawton on Thursday.
Officials contacted U.S. Marshals in Lawton regarding Armendariz, who was wanted by El Paso authorities in connection with a shooting death, according to a Lawton Police Department news release.
Marshals were notified that Armendariz was possibly with family in Lawton.
“Armendariz was tracked down and the US Marshals along with Lawton Police were able to take him into custody without incident,” the news release states.
Armendariz was also arrested on suspicion of possession of Scheduled II narcotics, according to the news release.
“Once he is completed with the charges from LPD he will be picked up by El Paso PD,” the news release states.
- Oklahoma City police investigating shooting
- Nurse pulls 3 newborns out of hospital hit by the Beirut blast
- Biden no longer coming to Milwaukee to accept presidential nomination
- Tracking the Tropics: Experts update hurricane season forecast to ‘extremely active’ with 24 named storms
- Marines react to discovery of sunken tank, remains off California coast