OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – An elderly person died in a house fire that ignited in Oklahoma City on Saturday.
Oklahoma City firefighters were called at approximately 12:05 p.m. to the 4100 block of NW 43rd Street regarding a fire at a residence.
The fire resulted in the death of an elderly person inside the home, according to Oklahoma City fire officials.
“One adult victim was found on the floor next to a chair that was on fire. The victim was deceased. The fire was contained to the room of origin and the cause of the fire is under investigation,” Battalion Chief Benny Fulkerson stated in a news release.
The fire caused minor damage to the home.
The house did not have a smoke detector.
No further details about the victim’s identity.
- Get into the Christmas spirit with ‘Downtown in December’ events
- OU archaeologists uncover buried building in ancient Mexican city
- Pro-Trump donor suing Houston group over failure to prove voter fraud in 2020 election
- Oklahoma City church giving away stuffed turkey legs to those in need
- Guthrie organization giving food to those in need