Faulty fan motor causes Oklahoma County Detention Center to fill with smoke

Local

OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – A faulty fan on an air conditioning unit caused the Oklahoma County Detention Center to fill with smoke.

Around midnight, Oklahoma City firefighters were called to the jail after smoke started filling up the jail’s ground floor.

When fire crews arrived on the scene, they were initially concerned that a fire had started inside the facility.

However, they soon realized it was a fan motor overheating on an A/C unit.

Fortunately, no one was injured and no evacuations were necessary.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

More News

National News

More National

Washington D.C.

More Washington

Your Local Election HQ

More Your Local Election HQ

Daily Oklahoma Coronavirus Data

Contact In Your Corner Team

Latest News

More News

SCAN ME: KFOR App QR Code

image of QR Code

KFOR Digital Originals

More Digital Original

Popular

Follow @KFOR on Twitter

Border Report

More Border Report