OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Fire crews in Oklahoma City had their hands full when they battled a fire at an abandoned home.
Around 8:30 p.m., Oklahoma City firefighters were called to a house fire near S.E. 46th Ave. and Shields.
When they arrived, they realized the home was abandoned and engulfed in flames.
Officials say it appears that someone was storing old tires in the building, which made it extremely difficult to put out the flames.
Firefighters say they were concerned that the fire would spread to nearby homes, but they were able to control the blaze before that happened.
Fortunately, no one was injured.
- Everything your lawn needs in the fall in order to survive winter
- Do I have salmonella poisoning, or is it something else entirely?
- ‘2021 Scent Candle’ combines 4 aromas inspired by the weirdest moments of the year
- North Carolina DOT trolls Ohio over license plate mix-up, sets off Twitter debate
- What is a ‘bomb cyclone’? Storm approaches West Coast, bringing rain, wind, possible flooding