OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – As hundreds of thousands of Oklahomans wake up to no electricity again, many are working to stay warm.
For the fortunate Oklahomans, they can light their fireplace or turn on a generator.
However, officials stress that even those things can cause problems.
Late Wednesday night, Oklahoma City firefighters were called to a house fire near N.W. 122nd and MacArthur Blvd.
Investigators say an 80-year-old man was inside the home at the time the fire started.
“Crews responded to a structure fire that was in an area where they were without power. We believe that possibly a generator was involved. We’re still under investigation. But according to what the occupant told us, that he was working with his generator and it may have sparked off at that point,” said Acting Chief Keith Castillo, with the Oklahoma City Fire Department.
Officials say one firefighter suffered an injury but was treated at the scene.
At this point, there is no estimate on the amount of damage done by the blaze.
- Harkins honors Olivia Newton-John with ‘Grease’ tribute screening to benefit American Cancer Society
- Instagram, OnlyFans model Courtney Clenney charged with murdering boyfriend
- OSU awarded grant to fund new supercomputer
- Watch: Senior residents take part in cardio drumming
- Heat dome strengthens then powerful front brings relief