EDMOND, Okla. (KFOR) – Officials in Edmond say they are still investigating after a 3-year-old girl was found unconscious in a hot car on Monday evening.
On Monday evening, first responders in Edmond received a frantic 911 call about a child inside a hot car.
Officials say that a 3-year-old girl was left inside a hot car for anywhere between four to six hours. Police say the child’s father forgot the girl was inside the vehicle.
Once the child’s father realized she was still in the car, he called 911.
Around 8:30 p.m., authorities announced that the girl had died at the hospital.
So far, the investigation is ongoing and no arrests have been made.
- Grieving parents gather for dedication to Moore students killed in separate tragedies
- Moore police officer involved in deadly 2019 crash taking a blind plea
- What a car’s ‘black box’ records and how to check if your vehicle has one
- Rep. Matt Gaetz faces bipartisan probe by House ethics, citing reports of sexual misconduct
- Man drowns in Lake Overholser after Oklahoma City police officer dives into choppy water in full uniform to rescue him