OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – An organization that fights hunger is deploying semi-trucks across the state to deliver food and educational supplies to families in need.
Feed the Children says its goal is to help teachers and families who are trying to navigate teaching virtually or in-person during the pandemic.
They say they hope to help hundreds of educators and students who are running low on supplies.
Organizers say Feed the Children is sending five semi-trucks to 10 different Oklahoma cities on Tuesday.
The plan is to send supplies to the following areas:
- Putnam City
- El Reno
- Ponca City
- Pauls Valley
- Oklahoma mom warns of the dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after her son dies after a day on the lake
- Mickey: Keys to Victory on Sunday
- Tiny Rubik’s Cube goes on sale in Japan to mark 40th anniversary
- Experts explain log lighters after investigators say one caused recent house explosion
- Oklahoma City Firefighters give advice on fire and explosion prevention